In this live online workshop we'll learn about how white privilege works, engage in personal reflection to uncover our own unearned advantages and disadvantages, and explore how doulas who benefit from white privilege can work as interveners in racist systems.
- some of the ways racism shapes reproductive healthcare,
- the framework provided by Peggy McIntosh's classic essay “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack,”
- how to recognize our own unearned advantages and disadvantages,
- privileges that are specific to reproductive health work,
- and opportunities for using unearned assets to act as interveners and weaken racist systems.
Live online workshop
- Saturday, October 10th at 12pm EST
- Register here